PARENTAL INTERNET MONITORING
DID YOU KNOW...
- A study in 2012 found that 18.6% of apps downloaded on smartphones could access the person’s address book and contact information.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- In 2014 Google received over 4 million search queries per minute
- 29% of parents let their kids use the Internet without any restrictions or supervision
- 77% of parents say they have laid down some sort of rules for how their kids can use the Internet
HOW PARENTS LEARN WAYS TO PROTECT THEIR KIDS ONLINE:
- 38% - general news media
- 37% - other parents
- 29% - their kid's school or teachers
A RECENT HART RESEARCH ASSOCIATES SURVEY FOUND
- 84% of parents said they very or somewhat monitored their kids' online activity.
- 39% of kids said their parents very or somewhat monitored their online activity.
- 91% of parents said they felt like they were well informed about what their kids did online.
- 60% of teens said they thought their parents were well informed about their online activity.